Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Hair phase two

For over a week now I've been tugging on my hair to see if it's coming out. I was afraid it would start dropping out of my head at work or in Walmart or something. At first when I tugged my hair held fast, but then a day or two ago I'd get about three hairs between my fingers when I'd tug. Until today. Today with just a gentle pull locks of hair came free.

I decided that rather than wait for it to drop all over the place it was time to take action. The less hair to fall out the better.

Picture the scene. It was a family affair out in the backyard. Jeremy, with electric trimmer in hand, happy to have the chance to pay me back for the buzz cut I gave him when he was 10 or 11. He insisted on leaving one little curl up front. Then he shaved a 42 into the top of my head for fans of "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy."

Not quite satisfied it was short enough, we decided to go farther. Luke went over my head again with the trimmer set at the shortest it would go (leaving the curl).

Luke called me G.I. Jane. Jay was there too. He's been Jeremy's friend since they were little. We call him our other son. Jay says now I can hang with the cool kids.

Luke, of course, documented the entire scene with his camera phone. He'll post the pictures for everyone to enjoy (or be horror struck by).

Tomorrow I start wearing my hats.

No comments: