Monday, July 11, 2005

Visitors

The good thing that happened:

The weekend before the taxotere treatment was scheduled my brother, Larry, his wife, Marie and my sister, Sharon came to visit. They picked a great weekend to come since I had had two weeks to recover from the taxol. On Saturday my niece, April, joined us and brought her 20 month old, Hunter. He is such a delightful baby and I had the best time playing with him all day.

We did some Natchitoches things: the Green Market, the Mercantile, a plantation tour. Larry brought some trout and his burner and fried fish for us Saturday evening. It was a good visit and really lifted my spirits.

We also discovered a new campground suitable for Larry and Marie to park their camper. The campground has a lake and cabins and a beach. We're hoping to rent a couple cabins and have a whole family gathering when the weather cools a bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the campground? Name? I need a place for Christmas festival?

Dawn said...

It's called Grand Bayou Resort in Coushatta. Here's the webpage:

http://www.grandbayouresort.com/index.html