Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Surgery Scheduled

I'm having the lumpectomy on Friday, Aug. 5. I don't know anything else. I'm waiting for the surgeon to call to answer my growing list of questions. I think he told me at the last appt that I'd be in the hospital two days.

Now that it's scheduled I'm starting to get scared. Before, I put aside worrying until I knew whether it would be a lumpectomy or mastectomy. But after the phone call I suddenly had a tightening in my gut. I'm afraid of anesthesia and staph infections. I know two people who died in different hospitals from staph infections after surgeries that went well.

The good thing that happened: For the last three nights I've slept all night straight through. Lately, I've had a terrible time with insomnia. Even when I take tylenol pm or benedryl. I finally feel rested.

No comments: