Friday, July 22, 2005

And the Answer is...

They did a mammogram and then an ultrasound, just like before. After the ultrasound was done the radiologist came in the room and said, in an accent I couldn't quite identify (German maybe?), "Well it has shrunk considerably since the last time you were here! It's more than two-thirds smaller."

"Can he see it well enough to do a lumpectomy?"

"Oh yes, Dr. Marler will have no trouble, using either mammogram or ultrasound."

I think she said it was 11.1mm. I was surprised she told me anything, but I had told both technicians I was hoping to find out there was enough left of the lump to do a lumpectomy. It was actually bigger than I expected, but maybe that'll mean "clear margins" and there won't be the question of whether he gets all of it. That was the main argument by the onc on why I should have a mastectomy.

Now I wait for the surgeon's office to call to find out if he agrees with the radiologist and when the surgery will happen.

I've been looking in the mirror when I get out of the shower and I laugh every time at the fuzz/hair sticking up on my head. I finally realized why it looks so funny. Have you ever seen a baby orangutang?

No comments: