Saturday, July 23, 2005

Funny Thing

I forgot all about this, but I just have to share it.

When Luke and I went to Dallas we were in a mall and he got in a line to buy us smoothies while I waited by the escalator. I was wearing a purple shirt with a purple pin on my hat, as you see in the picture Luke posted previously.

As I stood there I hear this man say, "Hey, pretty in purple!"

I look up and this middle-aged man is going up the escalator, but he's looking right at me.

Then he says, "How ya doin'?" Like he's Joey Triviani or something.

I just shook my head and turned away, but I thought, how hilarious. I look at my absolute worst in my entire life and this guy is making a pass at me. I wondered what his reaction would be if he got close enough to see the woman he's trying to flirt with is bald and eyebrowless and eyelashless.

I guess I've still got it. At least at a distance...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, glad to hear you are still making heads turn. Sometimes people pick up on attitudes, not just our looks!!
Hang in there, we are praying for you.
Raye