Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Support

I joined an online support group. Their experiences are so diverse even though most of them seem to be getting the same core treatment - adriamycin, cytoxan, taxol. I actually feel a little better about my doctor after hearing some of the things they've gone through. I'm especially confident about all the testing that was done initially. Reading about their situations makes it so totally clear to me that this is a hit or miss situation. The doctors really are "practicing" medicine and they don't really have a handle on this disease. That's scary. We want to have confidence in science and modern medicine, but it's clear that we're far from a good cure for cancer. We just hope the poison kills it and not us and that's basically what it comes down to. And maybe, if we're good, and hope real hard, we'll get out of this without TOO many scars, physical or psychological.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you found some support. I still go to a grief group, almost every Tuesday. I do really well most days, then pops another holiday or I see something that reminds me of one of them and I am gone again. But I haven't been on any meds in over 18 months so I am better. And when I think life is so terrible, I know there are worse things happening to other people, including those that I love. Vicki