Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Drainage Issues and Other Stuff

I notice I’ve mentioned pain a number of times. I don’t want you to get the wrong idea. It’s not terrible pain. I’m not writhing around wishing to end it all just to stop the pain. In fact I only took the pain meds once or twice a day and I haven’t needed it at all in the last day or so. I just complain about the pain because it’s with you all the time and prevents you from doing things. On the other hand, I’ve had a lot more use of my arm much quicker than I expected and if it weren’t for the drain sticking out of my side I’d be almost normal.

I know what’ll be fun. I’ll tell you how I deal with the drain. I’ve explained the tubing coming out of my side and the bulb at the end of it. Well, the tubing is kind of long, about 2 ½ feet, with the bulb at the end hanging down and swinging in the wind. Of course, allowing it to hang is unpleasant so you must contain it. At home I have a bathrobe tie that I tie around my waist and hang the bulb from. (The bulb has a loop on it). When I leave the house I stuff the bulb in my pocket with all the tubing and wear a shirt long enough to cover it. You see what I mean about inconvenient? And I’m sure I’ve told you way more than you care to know.

The good thing that happened: Last night our AC stopped blowing cool air.(No that wasn't the good thing that happened.) By coincidence I had called an AC service the day before to come this morning to clean my compressor and check the Freon, etc. Better yet, they came when scheduled! To put this in perspective one of my neighbors waited weeks for service with no AC a few months back. I don’t know why it took so long, but I’m thankful we didn’t have to wait any time at all.

No comments: