Monday, August 08, 2005

Cancer Days Box

On my last post I asked people to send me a letter or a card, if they are so inclined, to add to my "Cancer Days" box. Then someone asked on a comment what a "Cancer Days" Box was. I guess it was a little confusing. I'm talking about a Keepsake box, a box of memories, like you keep letters in a shoe box or whatever. For example, I have a "baby box" with stuff relating to Jeremy's birth. Since I found out about the cancer some people have sent me get well cards or little gifts. (I have a post card from my sister that she sent from Egypt.) At first I didn't think I'd want to save the cards, because I thought I wouldn't want to be reminded of this year of cancer. But actually, the cards remind me that I have friends, old and new, which is something I do want to remember. I hope that clears things up.

So, as I said, if you are so inclined, please send me a card, funny or serious, or a letter or a note or a blank sheet of paper with your signature on it, or anything that will remind me of you that I can put in my box of "good" memories from my "bad" "Cancer Days."

If you need my address than email me directly. You can get my email address by clicking on my name at the top of the page under "contributors."

That's about all I can write tonight. Tomorrow I'll tell you about the surgery. Today I'll just say it all went well and I'm feeling better than I expected to.

No comments: