Friday, October 07, 2005

And time rolls on

It's been nearly a month since I last posted. I've been overwhelmed with people coming and going, school starting, getting back to work after surgery, doctors and chemotherapy and hurricanes.

All my evacuees have gone home now. Last time I wrote was the day before chemo was scheduled to resume. Well, it didn't happen that week. It was put off a week (long story I hope to get to this weekend). I had the chemo the following week and then we had our own hurricane. Some people in the surrounding area are still without electricity. We were lucky. We were only without electricity about 16 hours. That was about all I could stand of the heat, because it was the weekend after chemo, which is my worst time.

Fortunately, the "rest" I had since the last treatment did me good. Physically, I was much stronger when I had this one and my reaction to it wasn't too bad. It certainly was nothing like the last time. I had stomach cramping and gas (this is from a new chemo drug I hope to talk about this weekend) but only a day or two of mild pain compared with the four days of constant pain killers last time. I did have more numbness in my mouth, but my feet are no worse than they have been. I wonder if I'll always shuffle when I walk? I am very tired though. That's one reason I haven't made any posts. Very tired. This should be my strong week, (Monday I go back for the next treatment) but after work I'm drained.

Speaking of work, it's time to go, but first I must mention that we did locate my brother, Tom. He's fine and was worried about us.

Luke tells me it's cool outside today. Whahoo!

No comments: