Monday, February 14, 2005

CT guided needle biopsy

They called it CT guided, but that was an ultrasound. No local or anything. The doc assured me that giving the anesthetic is more painful than the biopsy because it’s just a tiny needle. I watched the tiny needle go in and out of my neck lump on the screen in front of me. Everyone should have that experience once. Then I had to stay still with my head turned to the left (to maintain the sterile area) to wait for pathology to see if we had enough.

Of course then I itched because I couldn’t scratch and my glasses were pushed up where I couldn’t see. Nice. But at least I got to hear the techs standing behind me talking about their weekend.

Three times someone asked me if I smoked. That’s not a good sign. The doc came back – more neck stabbing. What a relief to finally go home.

The good thing that happened today: I got a parking space up front close to the door at Walmart.

No comments: