Monday, January 02, 2006

The Holidays are Wrapped Up

A belated Happy Holidays to everyone. We made it through Christmas and it turned out to be a nice holiday weekend even though everything is so weird this year. Normally we would go down to New Orleans for Christmas.

It's January 2nd now and we go back to work tomorrow. I don't want to. Three days off is not enough. I have things to do and as always, not enough time. I suppose if I had more energy I'd be able to use my time better. Yet another frustration.

The weather was beautiful yesterday and the day before, but today, believe it or not, it was too hot. I'm painting two bedside tables out in the garage and I had to stop and get out of the heat. People are saying things like, "Nearly 80 degrees on January 2, can you believe it!" But, truthfully, everyone can. Or at least those who've grown up in Louisiana. Because here you may be bundled against the wind and cold on Christmas or New Years, or running around in shorts. Sometimes both in the same year. Neither is unusual. Last year (2004) when we went to New Orleans for Christmas we were stuck an extra day because it snowed and the roads were closed.

Physically, I've been getting better and stronger, but emotionally I had a little set back today. Maybe it came out as a stress releaser after the holidays. Maybe, this whole trip has gone on too long and it's getting harder for me to "keep my chin up."

I'm looking ahead to radiation treatment. This is supposed to cause more fatigue and the driving back and forth to Alexandria won't help. I wish I knew someone there to stay with during the week for the last couple of weeks. I'd take off from work. But that's not realistic anyway because the radiation doesn't really take long and there's no reason I can't work at least half days.

I know, cheer up! The end is in sight. By my birthday, March 2, I should be finished with treatments, but not with doctors. I have tests to do in Mid-March and regular checkups thereafter.

The good thing that happened: Talked to Clint on the phone for long while. As usual, he made me laugh.

No comments: