Friday, November 11, 2005

Veteran's Day

I have the day off today. I know, I know, but if you want these days off like me you're gonna have to get a government job. That's all there is to it.

I feel really normal today. I spent the day writing all day. But no, not blogging. I did go back and read some of my old entries from the first several chemo treatments. Geez, that was harder than I remember. Good thing we forget pain, isn't it? I completely forgot how rough the first four treatments were. I was thinking it was mostly the taxol, but it wasn't. The adriamycin and cytoxin were pretty awful. I know this much, I hope I won't have to go through that again!

It's beautiful outside today. I'm sitting at my kitchen table with the windows open, still in my pjs. There's a nice breeze coming in and I'm doing my favorite thing - writing.

But alas, it's four o'clock in the afternoon. I better go shower now in case we want to go out to eat. Food tastes almost good today.

The good thing that happened: I'm alive and feeling fine.

Have you ever noticed that so much of what we say can be found in a song lyric somewhere?

2 comments:

Mary said...

I am so very very glad to hear today is good! Glad to hear food almosts tastes good too! I am awaiting that day with great anticipation. (Yep, there is another song "word"!)

Chemo IS hard. I do agree we tend to forget though. I was just mentioning that to a close friend the other day. I compare chemo with pregnancy and child birth in a way. While pregnant, there were foods I just couldn't not eat and couldn't even stand the smell of. At child birth I know there was pain, but I really can't bring forth the actual feeling of pain. Same with the chemo. The pain portion is actually fading! I know it was there, in fact still is, but once it stops my memory seems to stop too. Weird!

Mary said...

That was supposed to be could not eat!

I'll blame that on "chemo brain". :>)