Sunday, November 06, 2005

Lazy Sunday

Hey folks! Just hanging around Sunday afternoon taking it easy. This week hasn't been so bad. I guess the extra blood really helped. I took half days from work on Thursday and Friday, just to be sure not to over do it. Yesterday, being the Saturday after chemo, was my worst with pain in my back (like electrical shocks running up and down my spine) but I took the pain meds and soon was singing and happy.

My biggest challenge for now is keeping the dressing for the pic line dry when I shower or bathe. I wrap my arm in that Glad press and seal wrap. It works really well. I recommend it if you ever need to keep a limb dry. The only trouble is it does stick to your skin, so pulling it off is like pulling off a really big bandaid. A little ouchy.

The great thing that happened (boy am I glad to write that, been a little gloomy lately) is that our evacuees from the hurricane have bought us a dishwasher to thank us for taking them in! Imagine that! Now I'm sure they know that we were just happy to have a house they could come to and besides, they thanked us plenty while they were here! It was totally unnecessary, but quite thoughtful of them and I thank them for the unexpected gift. I'm also happy they've been able to return to their homes and are getting things back to normal slowly but surely.

No comments: