Monday, May 09, 2005

Just another day

Today is treatment number 4. It's the last one of this type. The good news is the doc says the next 4 treatments won't be as hard on the kidneys. Bad news is it has it's own side effects. Like anything, it all depends on the person so can't say how it'll go. I have to get through the last one of these first anyway.

This has been a rough week. I had a migraine for 5 days, then it downgraded to merely a really bad headache. I still have it and we're on day number 9. I've taken Demerol, hydrocodone, Tylenol, ibuprofen and even been to the hospital for shots. Nothing works for long. I'm beginning to think I have a blood clot or had stroke or something. (Okay, I'm joking here, please DON'T PANIC!)

The really great thing that happened this week: Jeremy entered a Congressional Art Contest (each Congressional district has one) through his high school. All the high schools in the district enter pieces (about 12 schools). There were over 100 entries. His piece won Outstanding Technical Merit. It was one of the top 5 prizes. The top one won a scholarship to an art school and the other 4 got these beautiful plaques and a $50 cash award (Jeremy particularly liked this). Luke will put up a picture of it. It's what is called scratch board. It's black and you scratch away the black stuff to make the picture. It's awesome, if I do say so myself.

The picture with Jeremy in the tux is for the Junior Prom. Isn't he handsome? The "Eyes" you see behind him is another one of his art pieces. It's a charcoal sketch.

Well, I must go dress for the trip to Shreveport. I've finally gotten smart and packed a lunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, Jeremy looks so handsome! You have so much to be proud of. I love his charcoal drawing and I cannot wait to see the one he won the award on. Come on Luke get it posted!!!! tjp