Thursday, September 01, 2005

The World has Turned Upside Down

As if dealing with cancer weren't enough, my entire family and friends have to face running from a hurricane and then the prospect of losing all they own. I'm sure everyone knows what is happening in New Orleans and the Gulf Coast. We were all completely unprepared for what has become a warzone. There are stories to tell and certainly this eclipses my health issues at the moment.

My family did decide to leave the area before the storm and everyone made it out safely, except one. We are still unable to have any communication with my sister, Sharon. She's an x-ray tech at the only open hospital on the West Bank side of the Mississippi river from New Orleans. I've been told that the hospital is locked down and under guard.

I've been too busy with evacuees and trying to get news of unaccounted family and friends to think about blogging. I had a house full of evacuees. Six adults and four children.

Any one who might check here that we haven't made contact with, please email and let us know you are all right. I am wondering about the fate of friends who have scattered to the winds.

No comments: